Broke my Monti in half..

Discussion in 'Coral' started by CBSurfrider, Dec 12, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I thought about super glue but wasn't sure. I'm gonna leave them the way they are and place them more out of the way.

Doom, this is what I have.. It's a small piece, not sure if it's worth shipping, but I can find out. If it's only a few bucks you can have it. Montipora Capricornis, Red/Orange - Aquacultured, ORA®

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

aww CBS, that is so kind of you!

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Just priority mail its like 5 bucks lol! :p

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i hate you toal, in fact i hate all you easy frag swapping people.....not really but kinda....

6. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

PM me your address and I'll send it out today

7. Poseidon27

Poseidon27 Flamingo Tongue

It'll be fine. I have a few monti's in my tank I've done things very similar to what happened with you and they're all fine. Most of my monti's came from this process haha you pretty much just fragged it.

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

My monti caps were a mess after the tank transfer last weekend. They broke off in all kinds of places. Fortunately, my LFS owner loves my neon green and gives me store credit. I walked in with my broken monti cap pieces and walked out with a cleaner shrimp, banded serpent star, a nice trumpet coral, and a few aquarium supplies! ;D

Super glue works great on monti caps!

10. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

What is the best way to fasten it to a rock in my tank? I have a perfect spot to put it and let it take off but i need to fasten it there somehow. I used two part waterproof epoxy last time and I ended up putting my fingerprint right in the middle of the monti and it took months for it to grow back.

Doom' never Pm'd me his addy so if anyone wants the piece that broke off I'll send it to you. Swiss I think you are too far away though!

11. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I just put super glue on the edge I want to glue to the rock. The trick for me with super glue is when I put it up against the rock to glue, I rock the frag back and forth a little until the glue starts looking kind of stretchy. Then, hold it in place for about 30 seconds and you should be good to go!

12. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Super glue will work on the piece of LR that it's going to be fastened to being submerged in the tank?