Resolved Bristleworm: friend or foe?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by flynhawaiianz28, Oct 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Good to have. Like mentioned a 6line wrasse will perform population control... but so will time actually...

also, on the arrow crab, these have a tendency to harpoon fish ... neat to see, costly to experience.

I would say arrow crabs are not reef safe

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

They are fine. they wont touch the corals. If you want to see more get a red light at the home depot or store like that and look in your tank at night haha. They wont mess with anything word to the wise adding an arrow crab will do more bad then good. I have seen them turn before and attack others in the tank seen it myself.

4. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

ok yea that was my general understanding on the arrow crab is that they may be good for a bit but they can turn mean & get good sized and then it was a waste of money on one & I was looking into a six line wrasse soon but I also have a red scooter blenny in the nano and yellow nano goby and that is it. The six line would be good to control the population of the bristleworms but are the scooter blenny and the six line gonna compete for copepods. I have my red scooter eating frozen as well which I'm very happy about but would I be able to the six line to eat frozen as well? Any body have experience on what the 6 line likes besides copepods and the occasional bristleworm? More or less I dont mind the pink bristleworms and that they are scavengers but I'm more worried I'm gonna get stuck by one eventually and I heard it really hurts and I rather not experience that. & to take care of it I think you have to put vinegar on it? maybe i'm wrong on that