Brightwell Aquatics Bio Fuel

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by steve wright, Nov 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have been dosing 10mL for 13 days now, keeping my skimmer off for 2-4 hours depending on my memory. I am pulling a lot more skimmate. However, I am not seeing any of the results previously mentioned. My rocks still have a green film. I have to clean my glass every 3 days. My numbers did drop according to my testing (NO3 and PO4). I am also running GFO, to help keep the numbers down.

My Acans are loving the new lower nutrient environment, however, my Blastomussa Wellsi is not. I don't know if it has anything to do with the BioFuel, or lower levels, but it has receded almost fully on one side (single polyp frag). I have moved it into more flow as suggested, and it hasn't shown any improvement. I did order another head from the same colony to test this in a somewhat controlled method. I will introduce this coral to a low nutrient system and see if it recedes...

My fuge seems cleaner than it was previously as well, and my Cheato has not grown, nor shrunk in the 2 weeks. I have lowered my dosage to 7mL starting today, and will keep it at 7 until tomorrow, then to 5mL on Sunday. My total water volume is around 94 gallons. I should have about 25 days after Sunday left in the bottle.

2. Click Here!

3. orly20

orly20 Plankton

4. orly20

orly20 Plankton