Breeding Snowflake and Snowcasso Clownfish (New pics!!!)

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by sticksmith23, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Come on.. can't leave us hanging! Did you get to try the fish trap? I'm curious on how your clowns act once they are out.

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

As far as I know she hasnt had time to try the fish trap yet. She is having a really hard time with our autestic son right now and dealing with 3 little ones on top that all by herself. The clowns are doing better and teasing/taunting the damsels. She told me just a little while ago that the clowns are being more aggressive towards the damsels and not allowing the damsels to push to them around so much. She has also stqrted feeding flakes twice a day every other day. Maybe this is helping out. If she cant get the clowns out by the 29th when I get home, I will get them out and find them a new home. Thank you for helping my wife out while I really cant! :)
    Mozilla/4.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; Sanyo; NetFront/3.5.1/AMB) Boost SCP6760

4. SmittysWife

SmittysWife Astrea Snail

Sorry to leave you hanging. I am working on it tonight hopefully when the kids go down. I have just had a few mishaps lately and been distracted. But the damsels are very aggressive towards them but the clowns are starting to bully back slightly. They are coming down about half way in the tank but go right back up. Now I cant find his blenny anywhere in the tank. I am not sure where he went. lol Maybe the damsels chased him off to. Thanks again for the support everyone!

5. SmittysWife

SmittysWife Astrea Snail

So I have deceided to wait until my husband comes home to either move the clowns to a new tank or move the damsels. I think he will most like get rid of the damsels. I have also deceided to buy a set of doni's snowcassos. When my husband gets home. I think they are awsome looking fish. As for an update on the clowns I currently have (Mr. and Mrs. Smith haha!!!) they are starting to come down from the top of the tank. They don't go all the way down to the bottom of the tank yet. About half way and shortly there after go back up. It normally is because the damsels chase them back up. They are looking grat and eatting lots. We are also going to work on the grow out system when my husband gets home so we are fully prepared. I am a planner if you cant tell. lol

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Sorry this thread has kind of been left hanging, but I return from the field this weekend. I plan on finding the damsels a new home and start making room for the grow system. My wife has been doing up the palns, so I will see what she has mind when I get back home. I'm excited to get this project off the ground lol!

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Ok, I'm finally home and can finally do something about those pesky damsels lol. I'm going to call around to a few LFS tomorrow and see if they will take them. If not, then I will probably wait until payday and convert my sons 16 gallon freshwater tank for the damsels and give the guppies and tetras to my brother-in-law for his kids lol.

The female clown has grown quite a bit it looks like. They swim around the tank for the most part, and it doesn't really seem like the damsels pick on them much any more. My wife wants to set up a 14 gallon biocube (or a cube tank of some sort) for them with a bare bottom and put them in our bedroom. No complaints here lol.

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

It's about time to buy some 14 gallon biocubes to house the brood stock. The snowflakes will be in one, and I am fairly sure the wife wants to buy a pair of Doni's snowcassos (Snowcasso® clownfish are raised here at Doni's Reef. They are products of A. percula clownfish and are very rare. They are the picasso variant that have additional white; more than the normal grade A. The majority of coloration in each Snowcasso® is white (not solid white) with random orange/black patterns throughout.)! This could be a very exciting weekend! I'm so excited to be getting some quality clowns. :)

10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

We are at Petco right now trying to get a new home for the new Snowcassos coming on Tuesday lol. We decided on the biocube 14's.

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Keep us updated! Make a build thread for the BC14 to!

1 person likes this.