Breeding Snowflake and Snowcasso Clownfish (New pics!!!)

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by sticksmith23, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

2. Click Here!

3. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

4. SmittysWife

SmittysWife Astrea Snail

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Yeah I looked into something along those lines when my damsels laid eggs, 20 min into research I realized I don't have the time right now to dedicate to that, I hope you make a build thread on the whole set up do we can watch it progress. Seems like pickle will be your best bet for finding reliable info of breeding I'd def direct my questions at him :)

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Of course there will be a build thread lol. ;D I'm looking forward to getting this started, but it will be a slow process seeing as funding is a little tight right now until I get promoted lol. As for now, we just doing all the research we can to make sure we know what we are getting into before being in over our heads.

7. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

10. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

You are correct the larger the sump the more effective it will be... ideally you'll be feeding your brood stock at least 3 times a day while they are spawning (well fed healthy fish make strong and easier to raise larvae) and that amount of feeding will be hard on the system so I would go with as large of a sump as you can on both your brood stock and your grow out.

You can do it without a sump (i have) provided your tank is large enough and you're ready to do a lot of maintenance.

Yes you can plumb multiple tanks into one sump - the set up I'm currently working on would be able to house up to 12 pairs of brood stock all sharing one sump.

11. SmittysWife

SmittysWife Astrea Snail

Ok today I bought two snowflake clowns. They are great looking fish. I didnt want to spend the 200 a fish at doni's just yet. I will see how this goes with these guys before going to deep into it. I figure if breeding doesnt work for us. I have at least gotten two great fish. Wish us luck! Will add pics soon!

12. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Oooh def gl, if you dun mind me asking how much were the clowns you bought and where dis you get them from?