Breeding Snowflake and Snowcasso Clownfish (New pics!!!)

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by sticksmith23, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

LOL.. that's kind of funny... I'm sure the pair would of eaten any fry long before he got the chance to pull them out with water changes.

They look like ocellaris to me. Percs usually have different eyes and more of a bulldog type face.

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

He didn't seem to know to much for the tank being set up for 3 years lol. Nice enough guy and everything, but I could tell that he doesn't frequent 3reef lol. I've learned so much here and I didn't even realize it. ;D

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I'm just curious about something. My female ocellaris looked like she might be getting rid of eggs tonight while she was swimming. Every video I have seen of clowns laying eggs showed them laying them on something. Is it possible for them to discharge eggs while swimming to just get rid of them? If so, why would they do this?

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

They are not pelagic spawners. Unless the eggs were undeveloped... Clowns usually lay on a peice of substrate. Was the male chasing her?

1 person likes this.
  6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Yes the make was chasing her. They looked like they were doing some type of dance swimming around together. We have never seen them act like this before.

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Sounds precisely like spawning behavior! I'd give them an unglazed tile to practice on.

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I will definitely have to give them something. The previous owner said they have spawned before, but I have only had them in my tank for a week as of this afternoon lol. Usually clowns take awhile to readjust to living environments before they will spawn again lol.

10. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

Congrats!!!!I have just been becoming reacquainted with his tread and so much has happened. I better be on the list for a pair of babies lol. I'm just about ready to take my bio cube down because there is only a cuc in there right now (im working to much i get the mh lfs to stock it lol)but some clown babies would be just the motivation I need to keep it up and running "wink wink" hahaha.

1 person likes this.
  11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Lol, the only clowns that I have close to spawning are the ocellaris in my DT. Thanks for catching up though. ;D We will keep you mind though when the time comes.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?