Brand Spankin' New Anemone!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by FindingBlemo, Oct 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I believe it's healing from a split. That was my instinct even before I saw your question.

PC lighting isn't great because it's not efficient. A lot of light gets bounced into the adjacent bulb and it is wasted. I had a BTA under 3.6W/gal of PCs. It lived but it wasn't happy. My nitrates were up at the time too. It's much happier under my T5s getting 4.5W/gal. You may have success if you can get it to stay on the top of your rock pile but I'm not sure.

2. Click Here!

3. FindingBlemo

FindingBlemo Astrea Snail

She seems to be very happy, I let her take over and find her own spot, helping her when I could. She picked a spot on the middle rock, almost where she was when the picture was taken. Does that mean that she doesn't need that much lighting? If she really needed a lot more lighting, wouldn't she have chosen a spot on the top? Idk alot, but I think this might be a good sign, she ate! :)

Need more comments!! :/

p.s. I have 4WPG.

4. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

didnt you just have some major issues you were dealing with. first you cleaned ur rocks with a COPPER brush. i thought you were going to get an ro among other things? not livestock. if there is any copper in the tank its toast for sure.

5. FindingBlemo

I fixed the issues I was dealing with. It wasn't a copper brush, it was stainless steel. I found RO water in jugs at WalMart. There is no copper in the tank, at all. Promise.

I'm really scared to keep her now. I feel guilty, but she's doing so good, and my mom really likes her (she thinks my aquariums are money pits, this is the first thing she's really liked.)

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Alright, if you're dead set on keeping this one then you really have to watch your params. If they start to get out of wack, then the nem will go down very fast. And a dead nem in your tank will kill everything else. Also, watch for any signs of bleaching as this will also let you know how it's doing. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

7. FindingBlemo

Bleaching.... means? I'm sure it means that it gets pale.
    And do long tentacles mean it's not getting enough light? Because she expands and contracts them often.
    nope, I don't mind, I'm 13 :)

8. Click Here!

9. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Yes, bleaching means that they get pale. It will start losing all of its color and turn white. A white nem is a very bleached one. There is a debate as to what the shape of its tentacles mean. Some say that they get long when they are hungry and that they are trying to optimize their "gathering" potential while bubble tips mean they are optimizing their light gathering potential.

10. FindingBlemo

I think it means she's hungry, she at something like 4 krill today, that's 2 up from yesterday, yes I fed her two days in a row, she looked hungry! :)
    She's definitely not bleached, if anything, she's brighter than when she was in the store.

11. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

If it starts eating a lot you should look into getting some silversides to feed it. But just make sure not to give to big of a piece.

12. FindingBlemo

She offered me silversides, or krill, the lady at the store fed them krill, so I went with them at the start. When I go back sometime, I'll try the silversides.

I'm surprised you didn't say anything about my age.