boxfish with ich / weird bubbling

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by aquaviki, Nov 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaviki

aquaviki Plankton

My box fish has developed white spots all over its body and fins. it also has clear bubble-like growths all of its body. I just bought this guy, had him for 2 weeks and now this is happening. I turned off my carbon fliter and protein skimmer and added marine safe ich treatment to the whole tank. should i have quarantined him? Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

We are going to need more info on your system to help you out. Some pics of the "bubbles" will also help. Boxfish can poison an entire system also.

4. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

No kidding, my LFS had one adult about 3" long die and it wiped out the entire side of their holding tanks it lived in, which was about 6 30G tanks connected with the same water. It wiped out a tank of ocellaris, baby hippos, blennies, and baby lions. The box fish was in the tank furthest away from the filtration so the poison ran through all the tanks it was in line with. Quite sad to see. :(