Bought a new skimmer today woo hoo

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by mirandacollc, Jan 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I ordered the pm bullet 2 today! I am excited to get this in. I think it will be a great upgrade and hope that it kicks butt and does me right. I had to let it out.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Congratulations.. Welcome to your new baby, make sure to talk nice to it. Oh the high of spending money on our tanks.

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

That's what I have .. good skimmer. It's the only one I've ever had so I don't know what to compare it to. It works though. How are you going to set it up? I have the skimmer stand, gate valve, and waste collector that are needed for my set up.

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I bought the whole setup the riser the collection cup, the filter sock, etc.... The only thing I dident do is the ozone and I think I am going to order that soon enough. I have only heard good things about it and nobody has said anything negative. I looked for a while and decided that this was the one! The service at the shop I dealt with was excellent and feel backed by pm in the event that anything breaks. I hope I made the right choice.

6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Now for the dialing in part. Where do you guys keep your water line? I cant tell whats good and whats not. I put the air valve to the 5 position like they said to and its very turbulant. I dont know if its set right.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I put it about 2" above where the top unit mounts to the base (where they come apart). If it is real turbulent then turn the air down some. You want fine bubble not large ones. It will take a while but you'll love it.

8. Click Here!

9. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Congrats on the new purchase.

10. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Are you talking about the lower, middle or top chamber? The directions say 1 in above the very bottom of the bottom chamber. Does this sound right?

11. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

This will be my next skimmer once I get a sump going!

12. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I'm still looking around for a used Bullet 1 or 2 for the eventual upgrade. Good choice Miranda Co, LLC!