Blue tank with ich!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mvracing, Aug 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Beaun

Beaun Fire Shrimp

Chances are a neon goby will not solve the problem. Since you dont have inverts, you could probably use an inc treatment. However, it will "pollute" the tank with whatever you use. I would highly recomend a QT for this issue.

If your tank is a standard 65 ( 36x18 ) then the blue tang will eventually outgrow it, get stressed, and get ich again probably. It you have what is in your signature, you have two tangs, a butterfly, and a foxface, which in my oppinion will get very crowded in the near future. If you really want a tang, look into the Kole tang and have that be your biggest fish.

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

;D

I used Kick Ich once with the lights off, (it was the first fish and no corals etc..) and multiple water changes that dropped the salinity and the fish survived. Not sure what it was, or if the fish did it on its own, but it made it through. Good luck.

Is FW dipping a possibility?

4. mvracing

mvracing Astrea Snail

Ima go and do a water change and use garlic and wait it out so lets see what happens!