Bloke's 90g Build Thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Bloke, Jul 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Adanac00

Adanac00 Plankton

Wow that is an Awesome!! fantastic Tank man i hope one day i will get a tank that can look like that!! I really enjoy looking at that tank!!

so it sounds like some people like the coarlline and some dont!!

i Really think it adds alot of color to that tank!! congrats and karma!

2. Click Here!

3. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hey!

Looks awesome! Colors are great! Karma from me!

4. klaxan

klaxan Astrea Snail

Hey, great looking tank , saw you got your tank from seadreams, nice to see someone from the same area as I am

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

looks awesome...

6. Bloke

Bloke Fire Worm

Thanks to everyone! I am planning on adding a reactor to really help growth explode!

7. Bloke

Bloke Fire Worm

Alright... I finally got my Pacific Coast Calcium Reactor installed. I was a little reluctant to get it going, but I am now officially counting bubbles! :D

I do not have any room below my tank for the reactor to sit and I did not want the reactor visable, so I drilled a small hole next to where the carpet and baseboard meet and ran the water lines into the wall to keep things hidden.

Shown below, this wall is about 2' from the tank and the reactor sits on the same plane as the sump/fuge. I just built small landing for things to sit. Nothing special, but it'll do! :)

[​IMG]

A little installation-tweaking had to be done. Originally, the irections called for two feed lines to be placed into the sump along with the effluent return line.

I tried to install the reactor as diected, but found that the water supply was insufficient. I am not certain as to why, but figued it to be the distance that the reactor has to sit from the tank peventing a strong enough syphon. So, I removed the 1/4" Gest fitting and replaced it with a 3/8" fitting. I then put a valve on the second feed line to seal it off and put a small feed pump at the other end of the 3/8" hose.

At first I was a little concerned because of a small leak. I thought that I had created too much positive pressure, but after tightening a few fittings, things seem to be operating fine... for now! :D

My effluent pH has been holding steady at 6.9

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Looks good to me.... Awesome job....

10. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Awesome job....8)

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I like the chain..OSHA would be proud of the safety device.

You will love the reactor once it is dialed in, takes away all the time you spend dosing all the time. Good work.

12. Bloke

Bloke Fire Worm

LOL :D

Well, it's far enough out of reach, but just in case the things decides to take a tumble as I move stuff around.