Black Powder

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by GraviT, Oct 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltydog

saltydog Guest

Combo Vital A synergistic mixture of spectravital and blackpowder!

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

[quote author=amcarrig link=board=CoralHealth;num=1097813186;start=0#14 date=10/26/04 at 09:50:45]

but but but....it's fractionated from animal sources resulting in a bio-available electrically charged amino acid complex Gresham!  Nothing that sounds that good could possibly be bad!  :)

Didn't know that it had a reputation for causing cyano outbreaks.  You can bet I'll be turning people away from that product whenever possible![/quote]

Now would that be Animal Sterol? You know, renderred animals from LA SPCA ;) I'll steer clear of that, and Iams dog food as well (contains Animal Sterol rumored to be sourced from LA county SPCA).

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Synergistic, sounds great. Pretty words, good graphics and what next, a comic book?

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[smiley=laugh3.gif]

6. photobret

photobret Plankton

I have a 29 gallon mixed reef tank, with LPS, SPS and soft corals, a bubble tip anenome, tons of zoos and Paly's and 3 fish. I have been using this product for about a month, dosing once every two days, about 2 hours before the lights go out and have noticed a definite change in the tank. No cyano outbreaks, a small hair algae growth on one piece of live rock which seems to be getting smaller with frequent water changes (20% every 1-2 weeks). Everytime I dose the fish go crazy for it, the corals and Zoos eat it up and my brain corals open right up in feeding mode, puffed up and tentacles out. I have noticed an accelerated growth in my zoos especially the paly's. Snake Oil it may be but it hasnt done anything bad yet so fingers crossed. No crazy nitrate hikes or anything nasty to speak of either. I have to say though, if I had done my research before hand this thread would have put me off entirely! :) Compulsive buying wins again....

7. MedRep

MedRep Plankton

I've spoke with a lot of store owners about the Mark Weiss products and most of them say that it's just crap. The owner of Exotic Aquatica knows him personally and said that he can never get Mark to say what is in it. I've heard that it contains A LOT of sugars and many of the products are like dumping apple juice into your tank. As for me, I'm staying away from the stuff.

Brandon

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Mark Weiss products are mostly snake oil patient medicines LOL I never knew or used one that did what it said it was to do..Whatwas it P.T Barnum said long ago ? one born every 30 seconds or was it a fool and his money ?? either way he won and most lost