Birds nest coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by artur, Dec 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

It is hard to find that coral in my LFS stores. I looked for one for a long time. Finally when find one I was so happy. But when i got home and loking on coral and internet i think it is bleached. It should be not that white, sometimes you can see pink on him. If it is bleached any tips how to help him recover are welcome. I have 125g. reef fish tank. 4 years old. 120 pounds of live rock, MH and T5. Everything is healthy and growing good. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The two birdsnests I got a couple months ago both bleached when I got them in my tank, but both recovered. Did yours have color in the store?

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

you always put the coral on the bottom of the tank so it adjusts to your light; maybe you messed up there. Just keep all parameters in check and maybe feed it although i dont see how you can XD but anyway feed it (i assume you can) and it should be fine

5. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

No they looked white in the store too.In my tank maybe they look little more pinky. But in the store they looked really white.