Birdlady's New Corals.....

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Birdlady, Nov 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Welp, right now, I feed DT's Phytoplankton every other day and am planning on cyclopeeze if anyone thinks that will help. I offered the lobo some krill but it was not interested. The fish store guy said to offer meaty food to just the lobo once a week and it may take it, may not.

I was told the frogspawn is fine with just DT and light...

What do you all think? I am still light acclimating them so they are in less direct light. I know none of them really require intense lighting but still did not want to shock them. I think I light shocked my pagoda coral. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Jason, Thanks! It looks like just past the white of the skeleton is a good place?

Did you use special tools? ;D

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use a pair of side cutters you would use for cutting large electrical cable.

I don't target feed any of my LPS. DT's is great for soft corals and Clams but is not food for LPS. I will on occasion slice up a prawn and feed my hammer, frogspawn, and Bubble.
    But what I do regularly is when feeding frozen foods I will not rinse the food before dropping it in the tank. I don't rinse maybe twice a week. I hope the water that is mixed with the mysis or brine has some nutritional value to my corals. But again I'm not sure if it does.

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Hi birdlady here is my pic of my frogspawn it's not very good as my camera is a piece of junk ....... John

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thank You Craig ;D

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=Jason McKenzie link=board=Coral;num=1100914363;start=15#22 date=11/21/04 at 09:09:03]
    I don't target feed any of my LPS.  DT's is great for soft corals and Clams but is not food for LPS.
    [/quote]

How about frozen Cyclopeeze?? :-/ that is what I have been using :-/ ................... John

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Yes, Cyclpeeze is good for corals and fish.

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thank You again Craig ;) :D

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Nice coral John!

Thanks Craig and Jason!

I put a little of everything in there...hehe

I do have a clam, that's why the phyto...I also feed cyclopeeze once a week, frozen mysis, live brine, formula one and formula two (for the tang altho he eats everything!) and occasional flakes.

Do I have everything covered food wise? I have LPS, xenia, clam, 2 fish, snails, hermits, fire shrimp, brittle star.?