Biocube's Build Thread, Tank teardown 1/6/14

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Biocube, May 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

^:-/.

Yeah I have been closing a lot of tank threads lately per request.

At least you're staying in. :p

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Sorry to hear..

I might be interested in the Apex.

If you'd consider selling to me (not that far from you), I'd like to talk about it.

If so, please PM me,
    Thanks,
    Todd

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks guys, before I go public with my items for sale. I would like to offer anyone that has participated in this thread a first chance. Please PM me with that you're looking for and I'll let you know if I have that.

Some items I any not be able to sell due to size. But if you're willing to work out a shipping deal I have my LED hood, Chiller, never used Reef Oct skimmer for sale.

5. Matt121

Matt121 Fire Worm

What a sad end, I just read this from start to finish

Good Luck on your next tank :) Has the next tank started yet?

SkyFire likes this.
  6. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Still a shame that this tank is no more.

If you're still around Biocube, how are you doing?

I finally got a RBTA, my Biocube is still up, even after a few crashes.

Moving soon, and hoping to transfer the display into a 40b and use the Biocube as side-by-side display refugium.

Again, hope all is well. Admittely, I have not posted at all on 3reef since the site update.

I honestly have found the site to be more difficult to navigate since the update, and just haven't been on any reef sites since :I

Best of luck to all of those out there, working hard to keep a happy and healthy reef!

7. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

Hate to see your tank go, Your LED build is what inspired me to put them in my biocube.
    You can always get another down the road when things slow down.:)

What percentage did you run your leds? I'm having a terrible time trying to adjust my lights without frying my corals.

8. Click Here!

9. louy99

louy99 Feather Duster

this thread cant die

10. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

I have the Panorama Pros (3) and I run them at about 80%. I have never had them fry my corals. Even when I switch back and forth from a 250w MH which is @ 15" above tank, and my LEDs are 3-5" above tank.

Try running them at 40% for a week or two, then 60% for a week, then set how you like. Maybe there is something else bothering your corals besides your LEDs

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Seeing this thread pop up to the top gave me a glimmer of hope!

Hey, Todd, I'm sorry to say, but I bought biocube's apex... I see you were interested in it just about a year ago :D

Also, I want to say, Chris (biocube) was super nice to me when I picked up the apex. Luckily for me, he lives about between where I used to live and where I live now. So, I just stopped by and picked it up from him. Well that bugger sent me home with:

This is all from memory
    The apex (The only thing I paid for)
    the BOB for the apex
    BRS Dosing pump (He said it was making a clicking noise and didn't want to sell it) I fired it up and it's been working great, but I do understand where he was coming from.
    A bunch of PH cal fluids
    (darn near) brand new jar of chemiclean
    Bunch of CA, Alk, & Mg (I say a bunch in a biocube's world) ;) but it was a decent amount
    misc tubing, and a whole bunch of stuff he could have easily made some money on, some stuff was just extras, like some foam coolers and such.

I wish everyone get's to experience a great transaction like this at least once. I've been lucky to have a few like this and I try and pay it forward whenever I can.

So, that's my trip down memory lane. Now, yesterday I just updated my rw15s thru my apex to have better control/modes. Before it was just a random set of waves, now it's setup with a few different modes throughout the day. I think I'm really going to like it.

I don't know if you're going to get back on here soon, biocube, but a big thanks man! I owe you a portion to my success and fun I've had in this hobby. :D:D

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I'm got tears in my eyes Matt. I think I passed on the Apex, maybe not, can't remember- but glad you have it ;-). I'm still Apexless. (Is that a word?)

I know Nick/Norg was friends with him also.

zesty likes this.