Biocube's Build Thread, Tank teardown 1/6/14

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Biocube, May 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Sad to see this go! We built our Biocube's around the same time and yours was so inspiring! My tank has been on auto pilot for the past 8 or 9 months too but I just picked up a 40breeder to keep me interested! I wish you the best in your future endeavours and may 2014 bring you good health and great success!

edit: if you still have any extra nic nacs you should put up a sale thread

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Congrats on getting married Biocube. I look forward to seeing you back when you 'settle down.' ;)

Thanks for the great threads!

matt

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

lol, your 9 months of negligence looks better than me taking care of mine (BioCube 14).

Stinks to have to drop out of it, albeit under thrilling circumstances, though as you said, save the equipment for the future build ;)

I've done a couple mods to my BioCube, most of the standard ones, upgrade the pump, make it rimless, knock out the bottom plate in chamber 1, etc. I've been trying to figure out a way to modify chamber 1 to fit my eshopps nano skimmer, though i'm thinking I may have to just take out the plastic and have a custom acrylic "wall/sump" similar to the design of the plastic currently there. Thoughts? The only part that doesn't fit is the pump because the chamber isn't wide enough. I was told I could also baffle chamber 2 in order to keep the water level constant. How would I go about doing that?

(hope you don't mind that I posted that here?) lol

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

have missed you posting. Hopefully you'll continue to pop in. I've enjoyed reading your thread and you had an awesome tank! Even the neglected tank looks great :) look forward to your return with a new tank once life permits.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Ah. This post hurts me deep bud. Im glad you arent getting out of it for good. The bug will bite again when you have more time to give. Enjoy your honeymoon dude!

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well the tank is still up..... I was about to tear her down and I stopped it. My buddies are a little upset but for some reason I can't tear her down..

Don't know what to do.

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

well, don't tear it down until you give it some more thought to be sure - don't let others factor into that decision, it's totally up to you :)

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

So today she's coming down finally, but now I have a lot of fish stuff I won't need anymore.

I'll be posting items on 3reef for sale,
    but I need you help. Who and what should I use for shipping

I may sell my Hood with LEDs installed, dosing pumps, Apex controllers, Hanna testers, pumps and other random stuff.

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well, she's all torn down. Sad day but it was fun. Thank you everyone for the help and support.

Pics of the tear down:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard