Biocube Owners Unite! (Owner's Thread)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Astrick117, May 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Ill put some pics of mine up when I get home.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I actually don't think a Biocube 29 is suitable for seahorses :-/ It is too small for normal sized seahorses (that get to 6"-11") as they should be in 55 gallon+ tanks. And it is too large for dwarf seahorses as you would never be able to provide enough food in a tank that size.

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

If you get a smaller species like the Black seahorse, they would be ok as a pair in a 30g. I agree that the larger species that can get to 11" shouldn't be housed in a biocube

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

+1 if you want a goby/ pistol shrimp they should be fine with your stock list. I had a sixline and YWG in old 30g and they never bothered each other. I only foud my sixline to be aggressive if there was a similar looking fish or if he got too close to my female clown and then they would do a little stand off.

6. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Just went to start transitioning my fish over to the new biocube... did a water test just to be safe and my nitrates were through the roof. My guess is that moving everything kicked up a ton of trapped gunk.

Of course, my RODI pressure gauge died last week, so I am waiting on a new one from Spectrapure as well as a new set of filters/ membrane, so i can't do a water change.

So...looks like I will be waiting a bit to transfer everything. As soon as I do though- Pictures Galore!

7. pgoodsell

Ok here is my Cube. Sorry the glass is dirty....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Nice Tank! I like the rockwork. Im' actually thinking of swapping out the large rock at the center of my rockscape and switching it for one that I have in my 12g nanocube that creates a perfect cave.

With your rocks creating that semi cricle, do you find that you have any deadspots?

10. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

I'm not sure about Goodsell but with my semi circle rock placement and powerhead I have a deadspot in the middle and on the back right. I think I have fixed the middle deadspot but its to early to tell.

11. pgoodsell

Thank you. There are a lot of spaces in between the rocks and with the mp10 I get decent flow threw it, but there is a slight dead spot in the back. When I do my water change I usually take another power head an blow out the back portion. Seems to work pretty well.

12. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Gotcha. I'm planning on moving one of my mp10's into the Biocube once I transfer everything over, so hopefully I can figure out a way to get flow all around. I do like the semi circle rock approach though