Biocube Owners Unite! (Owner's Thread)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Astrick117, May 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

I would throw the pistol/goby combo in their man, there is a greater chance of being able to see them on a regular basis in a smaller tank!

2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Yea, i love the symbiotic relationship, but I rarely see the shrimp and I just hate the fact that my YWG is actually grey and very boring looking.

4. DwayneH

DwayneH Plankton

[​IMG]

my first biocube 29, acrylic. have another one that's a biocube 29 glass, no pics of it yet.

edit: the white bird's nest is something the turbos had knocked over and somehow i forgot about it, under a rock, for a month.

Corailline likes this.
  5. Mechanic1

Mechanic1 Plankton

Here's mine

Attached Files:

6. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

my girlfriend keeps wanting me to get her a biocube 29 to hold seahorses, thoughts?

7. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Shouldn't be an issue size wise and it can certainly handle the water quality needed, but you will probably want to create a spray bar for circulation as they can not handle strong currents. You may be able to mod it onto the stock output for the pump.

8. Click Here!

9. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

alright sounds good ill check into that i knew current would be an issue

10. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

I like the idea of adding a watchmen and a pistol shrimp. Will that be to much for my 29 w/ two clowns and a sixline?

Heres some more pictures of my tank -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I would say you could do the goby and pistol combo with your current stock. Gobies seem to stake out a territory down near the bottom of the tank and you seem to have a good amount of caves and such. I don't know a lot about 6 lines - in terms of aggressiveness or how territorial they are so others can chime in on that.

As someone mentioned before, the shrimp/goby combo is probably better in a smaller tank because you're more likely to see them on a regular basis. Just my .02

12. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

DwayneH, what lights are you using? Is that a stock hood or do you have a retrofit kit in it?