Bio Pellet reactor reviews (3)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by tom.n.day, Oct 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bicyclebill

bicyclebill Plankton

I ran an avast marine mr5 for a while. Didn't do a very good job of tumbling with an mj1200. I modded the end a bit, but didn't help much. They sell an additional piece now, but haven't seen it in action. I went to a refugium instead and feel it works better for me and my system

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I have the TLF reactor and needed to upgrade the pump because I thought I needed to have more tumble..but while reading on the forum, it seems that one doesn't want a ton of tumble for maximum benefit. I've been happy with it; however, the pellets have yet to dent my nitrates :(. I did buy some ecobak pellets and am looking at probably switching over tomorrow. I've been running the BRS pellets and it seems the ecobak may be a better choice. My pellet results review is limited at this time.....

4. azjohnny

azjohnny Bristle Worm

how long have you been running BPs

5. azjohnny

azjohnny Bristle Worm

I have been running my Reef Dynamics reactor and love it, the pellets tumble well and its easy to control.

Make sure you have a quality skimmer, your skimmate production will double and the skimmate will be thicker almost like clay that lines the neck of the cup

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I've been running the pellets for 2 months now. I have yet to see some solid, consistent difference in my skimmate such as you describe (I do have a large hang-on skimmer)...