Big Plans!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by brannock_16, Nov 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brannock_16

brannock_16 Ritteri Anemone

So tomorrow I have to work until about 4:30 in the afternoon, and then I am going to come home and remove all of the live rock from my tank and scrub all of the hair algae off of it!!!

I have been going crazy over this stuff for the last couple of weeks because it is so ugly. I am going to remove the rock, the power heads and all of my frags and completely reaquascape and clean the tank. I will make sure to post some before and after pics for everyone.

Hopefully this will help to make the hair algae begin to recede.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just a heads up, I wouldn't do it all at once, as there will be a little die off. Just do a little at a time.
    And if algae is taking over, it means something is amiss with the water. Scrub all you want but it will keep coming back until you correct the problem at the root of its source.

4. brannock_16

brannock_16 Ritteri Anemone

I am aware of that and have been trying to solve the root of the problem. I have been rearranging power heads, lowering my food input, draining frozen foods, eliminating flake food, utilizing a media reactor with Bellaphos.

The only I have yet to do is to put new bulbs in my Current Nova Extreme Pro lighting fixture. They are just the factory bulbs...should they be replaced?

What else should I do?