Big Al's DYMAX Planted Pico (New Update!)

Discussion in 'Big Al's Online' started by Big Al's Online, May 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

what an absolute little gem of a tank...hmmmmm i might gift one to someone fairly soon.

:)

2. Click Here!

3. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Let me PM you my address!!!!;);D

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very nice work - love the driftwood and plants. What made you determine that you needed 3 lamps? Is the fixture pretty dim in person? Or is it just because you had a bunch laying around?

5. Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online 3reef Sponsor

Well, I had access to the extra lights and I wanted to see what they were capable of together!

6. Big Al's Online

Just a quick update:

The plants seem to be doing well, and the Rotala is already showing signs of growth. Unfortunately two of the four endlers decided to go carpet surfing which is always a hazard with open top aquariums. The other two don't seem as adventurous and will hopefully stay put. I will be adding some algae eating shrimp or ornamental freshwater shrimp such as cherry shrimp.

On a side note, I really like that the LED's are dimmable. I turn two fixtures off at night, and leave one on at the lowest setting as moonlighting which looks really nice even though it isn't your typical royal blue. I find it more natural.

1 person likes this.
  7. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

i like that setup. it looks like something i need on my desk.....

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

That is SWEET!

How many years have you been in business now. When the mail order stuff started popping up and I believe you were one of the first. Didn't you use to have like a price reference sheet or something when you were first out?

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

thats really come along nicely "al" . a very nuice and neat setup. thnxx for taking us along for the ride. :)

11. Big Al's Online

It really does make a great desktop aquarium. It is a great size that doesn't take up much space, but still affords enough room for attractive aquascaping.

I believe the company has been online for about 8 years total, although the company itself has been in the aquarium business for 35 years strong!

My pleasure! I hope that it turns out to be a smooth ride that we can all enjoy :)

12. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I remember you coming online.... or mail order. I think I placed a order over the phone. Where does time go......

It's nice to have a big name participating on a forum!