Resolved bicolor pseudochromis attacking firefish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Magnus, Feb 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

are you sure you almost choked out that fish??? wouldn't all the other fish be affected by lack of oxygen if that was the case? just saying cause you might have some other problem that your overseeing..

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Yes, I'm sure. They were all acting weird and being mostly lethargic. Refuse to eat and such. As soon as I took the lids off and turned the bubbles up, my two clowns came out of it within 30 minutes. The Pseudochromis took the longest, even though he was the 2nd smallest fish.

I'm planing to put him in the fuge if I add anybody else and he acts like a "Richard" again.

- Magnus.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

I have a killer domino damsel that I hate, he is free to anyone that can catch him!

5. sgborzoi

sgborzoi Plankton

Watch your Tomato Clowns-as they get larger, they get meaner. Lost a Coral Beauty to one and bye-bye Tomato!

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I got rid of my bicolor pseudochromis, or the "fish from hell" as I like to call him and bought another firefish goby.
    My tomato clowns were keeping him prisoner in the hole of one of my rocks for 3 days. Every time he tried to get out, they would rush him back in the cave, but he eventually came out and stood up to their crap.
    Now they all coexist almost peacefully. I say almost because I noticed the firefish's tail a little deteriorated. I think they're still quarreling when I'm not looking, but I hope it'll get better.

I would hate to get rid of my tomato clowns, they're ok looking and they were the first 2 fishes I got :)

It's hard to have a peaceful tank I guess.

- Mag.