Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Rapid Moonlight Kit and make sure you have a multimeter that supports 10A. Rapid has one in their site for 10.00 or HomeDepot sells one for 19.99. Also maybe some Artic Silver paste.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

ok order placed! 48 cree plug and play, 2 drilled and tapped anodized heatsinks, meanwell P drivers, the arctic paste, a complete fan kit!

now to order the typhoon from boostled!

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

moonlight kit is gonna have to wait! too much money is floating around!

5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Moonlights are just for our viewing pleasure anyway, no benefit to the fish corals. I'd skip em anyway, I have my tank set up so lights come on at 2 and off just before bed, so no need for moonlights. I think You'll be very happy with your new lights, both those companies are great!

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

Unless you're an insomniac who likes to stare into your tank at night, lunar lights serve no real purpose. Good luck with your new lights. :)

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx everyone! hopefully this time goes a little smoother! Never heard anything but stellar reviews on both!

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well nvm about the moonlights then, I only have mine on for a few hours at night. Honestly my corals look amazing under them and I enjoy my tank the most when they are on.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah, i'll add them soon i'm sure, but until I get my money back! This new 48 led light order plus my recent divers den purchase has me a little maxed out, not to mention the BRS order of years worth of filters/DI resin, new salifert test kits and dosing kit!lol! Then add that to XMAS with a 7 year old and my bank account has taken a beating!

But I do love how the corals glow under them! Maybe i can pull them out of my T5 fixture???????????? That's an idea!

11. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

Wow!! Thanks for this post!! I have been emailing him the last few weeks on a led build for actinics haven't paid anything yet but may go a different route after reading this.

12. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

I too have been dealing with him and had great customer service all though I haven't made a purchase yet.