Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

i've tried my tail off! Now he's finally emailing me back after getting ahold of Sarah! Sorry, but this is FAR from what was promised! He sent me a pic of a slick black led custom fixture! I got a VERY partially put together DIY modularled system, with inventorics drivers(2), which i was promised 4 meanwells!

lol Now he says all that other stuff is in the mail! Heard that before!

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

He will make things right i have order thousands of dollars worth of stuff from reefwerks. To include a recent purchase of a 3K LED light.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Does this look like a complete ready to plug in the wall fixture with 4 mean well drivers?lol I don't even have wire to connect the 2 sinks! Or the hanging kit![​IMG][​IMG]

5. leighton1245

did you order a DIY kit? if so that looks like any other DIY you would get but the emitters are already mounted and wired for you.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

No i ordered a complete fixture ready to plug in the wall and hang!

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

He's been hit and miss for me. I had a lot of contact and amazing service at first and then it fizzled out. I never made a purchase do to the spotty communication. It was enough to make me nervous and send me looking for t5 supplementation instead of using additional leds for my spectrum supplementation.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

so i need wire to connect these 2 heatsinks to get them running until i get a controller and new drivers shipped! Can i just buy that at Lowes or radio shack?

10. leighton1245

Yes radio shack should have what you need just ensure you pick up the correct gauge.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thanks! went on their website, said AWG24! one more question, its wired with just orange wires to start out, no red or black! Does it matter which one is hot and neutral?

12. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Hot/neutral are terms used with AC current; this is DC post driver.

Wire color is simply a color; whatever dye was used in the rubber.

What you need to do, is connect the + on one diode to the - on it's neighbor. They should be marked somewhere on the board to which the diode is attached.