better success with favias

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Dingo, Sep 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Ive tried my hand at multiple favias before... but my tank is a favia graveyard right now lol :(

In the past my frags always seem to do good, adjust to my lights, then live a week or so... then all of the sudden the flesh just peels off and bam! they r dead...

Im bringing up to my tank at college another frag of the favia from home and a small frag of some acan. I dont want to loose this favia again so is there anything i can do to make its new home a little more perfect?!

temp fluctuates with halides between 76.5 to 79.1
    ca, mag, strontium all dosed so levels are maintained regularly

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

You'll probably need to provide more details about your setup, size of the tank, lighting, flow, where you're placing the frags, other inhabitants etc.
    Favia are pretty hardy IME so if they are dying repeatedly something's gotta be wrong, or maybe you have a predator/pathogen of some sort.

4. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

I'll be following this thread, since I had a favia that was doing great for about 2 months, then all of a sudden the flesh peeled off and it was dead in about 36 hours - no idea why. Hopefully someone here will have a good answer.