Best two part system?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by tattoolew, Dec 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

The fusion is a 1:1 ratio product and it is what the lfs had :). Nota great reason to use a certain product over another, but he had just gotten it in and I got a good price to be a tester of it.

2. Click Here!

3. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

LoL! No worries. Coming from the chemical industry, I'm probably just overly sensitive to it and made a bigger deal out of it than what it is. It's probably the same raw materials that all the hobby suppliers use as well. :)

It's kind of like working in the restaurant industry. If you knew what went on the kitchens, you might never go back again. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. ;D

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

AMEN Brother. I will be purchasing a CA reactor this month so no more 2 part for me anyhoo......I had one on my last tank that got broken when I moved to my new house. I miss that thing and can't wait to have a new one up and running.

5. jgraz

jgraz Astrea Snail

Personally I think this debate went well. Answered many questions and was peaceful at that.also provided many points of view on a simple subject. If this was on one of my local reef clubs this would have blown into a cursing war.

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Here too because everyone knows everything there is to know

7. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

Doing these discussions online are always more civil because the search engines are already up and running. ;D. It makes it hard for someone who talks out their a.. To do so.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Actually a big shout out goes to the members here on 3reef for debating in a civil manner and being respectful to one another. It is a rare thing to find on any type of forum.

Interesting thread and very relevant to the current state of my tank.

10. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

the brs 2 part gets a lot of praise. thats what I just ordered a few minutes ago

11. cardiffgiant

cardiffgiant Plankton

haha, "readily" is an overstatement ;). BRS is the only place that I know of that advertises pharmaceutical grade additives. The stuff could actually be radioactive driveway salt and I'd have know way of knowing.

We had an interesting thread on our local forum a couple of years ago debating whether or not the trace elements or ionic balance of the commercial mixes added value, or were just marketing friendly ways to disclose the junk that they couldn't keep out of their product. I think that the majority of us walked away with the suspicion that these were just words that sounded better than impurities.