Best T5 Fixture. (Brand)

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by banthonyb71, Jun 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Best T5 Fixture (Brand)

1. ATI

45.7%
  2. Nova

17.4%
  3. Aquaticlife

17.4%
  4. Tek

8.7%
  5. Sundial

2.2%
  6. Sunlight Supply Tek

13.0%
  7. Current USA

6.5%
  8. Aquactinics

2.2%
  9. Coralife

4.3%
  10. Other

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

ATI, TEK Elite, TEK reg are all very nice brands.

I will let you know how my Aquactinics TX5 is once I get it next week, I hear great things about the TX5 and Constellation fixture, they are just tough to find new.

In terms of PAR output I think ATI is the the top, then you the Aquactinics, and TEK Elite & reg, then the Aquatic Life, Currents, Wave Point, Coralife, Odyssea, etc.

Look for threads on Reef Central with the "Grim Reefer & T5's", he is a T5 expert, testing PAR and testing fixtures, here's his site, very good info on bulb combos and what not: http://home.comcast.net/~stevelarsen00/site/?/home/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

ATI is so far the biggest response I have heard. any other thoughts. as said repeats welcome. Once I recieve a few more resonse I will add a poll.

4. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

I run a Current Nova Extreme 4x54 48" and really like it. I love the fans and the fact that it has three cords (two for dawn/dusk and one for the fan). I like having the extra cord for the fan. This way I can leave it on for an extra hour to help cool the fixtuture down. Really good fixture and a really good price.

5. montipora

montipora Guest

ATI fixtures are impressive, there is no doubt. But after seeing their flimsy reflectors in action from the LFS, I will always put my money on a TEK.

6. ManNurseReefer

ManNurseReefer Fire Shrimp

Aquatic life T5 all the way. One power cord, internal timers, set it and forget it.

7. bulldogniner

bulldogniner Feather Duster

I have a 36inch 4 bulb WavePoint T5 that is retrofitted into my canopy. So far I have no complaints except from my neighbors....looks like I am performing an exorcism in my house!

8. Click Here!

9. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Dont forget a description if you own a fixture and/or a retail price point.

10. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

ATI Gets my vote.

Overdriven ballast, best reflectors and active cooling, no legs and looks great hanging (Not an option in some scenarios)

Only difference I can see between the PM and Sunpower is the metal used for housing(Steel? vs Alum) and a cooling fan per 2 bulbs vs per 3 bulbs on the SunPower. Sunpower can only be had in configurations up to 6 bulbs max.

I picked mine up for $419 from ReefGeek.

Output is noticeably brighter than my old Nova

I realize it's hard to get around the giant red skimmer in these pics, I'll be painting the rest black next time I take it off to clean:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks really nice hanging provided you have a sump and don't need to hang a ton of crap on the edge of the tank. ::)

11. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Ok guys. remember also the pol is multiple choice. choose atleast two.

12. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I made a mistake with Tek and sunlight supply being the same fixture.