Best places to buy live/dry rock?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by s10lowrider1994, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cwinn

cwinn Astrea Snail

+1 reefcleaners

2. Click Here!

3. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

In the same boat as you! Live rock around here aren't the prettiest, nor are they very "live". Let's not even talk about dry rock around here.

I got dry rock from Reef Cleaners and they are absolutely great. John really does work with you, just tell him what kind of scape you are looking for and he will do the work. I would say go ahead and get 30 lbs of there rock for the free shipping. Why buy anything less and pay for shipping?

I've always bought 30 lbs at a time just because the cost of 10 lbs and express shipping is pretty close to the cost of 30 lbs of rock.

4. rlman41299

rlman41299 Skunk Shrimp

+1 on reefcleaners. John always pull through for me. John always has good if not best customer service i have dealt with.

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

BRS Pukani...i just love the stuff.
    Never had experience with the marco or reefcleaners though.

6. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

7. damon

damon Sea Dragon

ya you really can't beat having a reefer that cares to talk to. There are plenty of good places to get rock out there, but dealing with john makes all the difference in my opinion.

8. Click Here!

9. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

All of mine is Reef cleaners as well, id have to agree with the above post. But the choice is yours! Let us know what you do.

10. reefed

reefed Plankton

I've had good experiences with Reef Cleaner's dry rock.

11. nemovit

nemovit Astrea Snail

Reef cleaners, marco rocks, or BRS are all great and have solid reputations. John at RC has great customer service and will reply to any questions/emails personally.

12. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I ordered 30lbs. of rock from RC last week. I'll be sure to post some pictures of the lot before it goes in the tank. John was very helpful and responded to all of my emails quickly.