Best Led Light

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by nc208082, Apr 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I honestly don't have a gripe with Orpheks products only their marketing tactics. The product I have come in contact with is much nicer than what was described on Glassbox designs. I just would like them to tell me exactly what I'm paying for. It is impossible for a person to make an honest informed comparison if one company gives misinformation about their product. I just don't like for hobbyist to be misinformed. We spend too much money in this hobby. I just don't think its a gripe to expect truth in advertising.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

My old Honda Civic, Vortechs, and the AI fixtures. ;D

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Well my tank is 24 inches deep. And I have a few sps and plan to get more and a nem. So for best depth coverage is what I was aiming for. Orphek said it had the best lights for depth which is why I was leaning towards them.
    If I'm gonna pay 1200 for the diy option and 1500 for 3 sol units. I'd rather get the sol. Because the sol comes built in a nice box which I am sure I could not duplicate.

My whole point was to find out what unit is best for depth. Or would a diy 48 x2 setup w 40 degree optics be equally as good and save a few dollars. ??

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The AI comes with a nice integrated controller, or you can buy a module for you RKL (and maybe Apex). Itll definitely be good for 24" deep.

Sent from a phone.