Best Glass algae eater

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Kaianuanu, May 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Ditto, and my tanks are acrylic- pain in the arse to remove scratches YOU make, all while your critters are biting you, cause they think the hair on your arms is food.

;D

2. Click Here!

3. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

my FW pleco does, too bad they cant be acclimated to salt, in the future i'll have to look into genetically engineering a SW version, I'll hook you guys up with free ones too.:)

4. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

really 20 to 30? Mine has 2 that keep the rocks spotless and they do have a few trails on the front glass. I'm thinking about getting a bunch of astraea or trochus snails.

5. carpetmonster

carpetmonster Plankton

however many you have they will always miss a spot or two. And witht he bigger turbos, you can even see their rasping marks inthe algae when they've been over it...

a long handled scraper can do a good job too - no need to get your hands in, and wont collect sand on it like the mag float. just another option.

6. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Pleco's do well when it comes to cleaning, however I think they poop more than they are actually worth..but that is my opinion (I had one for 2 1/2+ years before I got rid of it)

7. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a lawn mower blenny in my tank and he does a pretty good job at keeping the glass clean, and he is a pretty cool fish. He leaves little kiss marks whenever he has been munching on algae. In my 36 Gallon I have almost 30 snails and 4 of them are turbos. The Turbos do a great job at keeping the glass clean too.