Best flakes and pellets on the market?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by GjB, Dec 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

I like the looks of New Life Spectrum food...which product would you recommend for my tank (see OP)

List of New Life Spectrum Products: Fish Food

2. Click Here!

3. jtr38230

jtr38230 Skunk Shrimp

He likes Formula 1 pellets... Haven't tryed formula 1 flakes they don't sell them at my LFS

4. spence

spence Plankton

Formula 1 and 2 flakes is all I feed with exception of the pods that make their way to the dt from the fuge for my mandarins. My fish love it and all very healthy. Only casualties I've had has been from a couple air jordans--(2 bluespot jaws that found their way out)

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

My 29g tank gets a combo of formula 1&2 with occasional meaty/frozen food and they love it.
    The 46 gets meaty food as it's basic food with suppliment of the flake (flake goes in first for the piggy clown, damsel & cardinal) which means ore of the meaty food is left for the puffer and mandarins...the yw goby will eat whatever floats by his hole.

6. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

They sell both. I use pellets because they are better.
    STOCK: 4 chromis, 1 mccosker flasher wrasse, 1 neon goby, 1 yellow watchman, 2 orange clownfish, 1 scooter blenny(eating NLS), 1 red eyed cardinal, 1 yellow tang and 1 hippo tang.

7. spence

spence Plankton

Ive only used flakes. Kip, why do you say pellets are better. Just wondering

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

For pellets, I like Dainichi best (BY FAR) and New Life Spectrum after that. There's also microcrabs (cyclops) and ORAglo
    For flake, I'm not all that picky. I only use those periodically and usually only as a vitamin or medicine delivery vehicle.

Just remember to have a varied diet, never to touch this food with wet fingers, and to store closed in your fridge/freezer (or supplement often with Vitamins and HUFAs) if you store it out.

10. little reef boy

little reef boy Plankton

I would either go with cyclopse or "new life spectrium"(in small or large pellets)

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

My golden striped maroon clown lived on these flakes for 24 years.(plus live brine once in a while)
    TetraMarine Flakes