Best fish food suggestions needed !!

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by mails2thiagu, Apr 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

I have following fishes and corals in my 80 gallon tank

1. 5" blue hippo tang
    2. 3" sailfin tang
    3. 3" yellow tang
    4. 5" maroon clown and 2" maroon clown
    5. 1" firefish goby

Also few frags of xenia, kenya tree, condi anemone and some mushrooms.
    Currently I am feeding Ocean nutrition formula one flakes and Ocean nutrition formula two marine pellets every alternative day(not feeding anything special to corals). All my fishes eat them very crazy within seconds, so looks like they like it. however I would like to know if I need to feed any other food added to this. Please respond with food along with brand name, if you have any urls it will be great.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Seaweed soaked in a HUFA supplement. Regals are quite susceptible to HLLE. :) Will save you in the long run.

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

At my LFS the have 5 Star Reef bar that is amazing!! Contains a little of everything and I only feed like once every 3 to 4 days. 5 StarREEFBAR PAge

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I would suggest RODS food, the herbivore type. Contains the algea your tangs need, and a combination of everythign else including coral food. I still supplement my tangs/angels with algea sheets

6. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

Thanks everyone. BTW, what's benefit of feeding garlic based foods? I see Omega one has lot of them.

7. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Garlic is good for a fish's immune system and it's also their form of cat nip, they go crazy at the smell of it. I like feeding my clowns San Francisco Bay Brand Marine Cuisine, it's a mixture of various frozen meaty foods such as brine, mysis, squid, and other things. It just be me but my clowns always seem a bit more vibrant in color.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Excellent advice but I would suggest that ALL tangs are susceptible to HLLE.

10. ocivan

ocivan Plankton

I went to MAX a couple of weeks back and there was a booth for a fish food company called reef munchies. They gave me a sample of the saltwater stank. It is awesome and all my fish love it. They eat it like crazy. I went to 2 of the local stores that they claimed sold the food and the first one was out of it. Try it out it looks like weed that's the funny part. They have free samples at reefmunchies.com. I only feed every other day, but you will notice a difference on your fishes color. Try the free sample to make sure you like it. I did so I'm sticking to it.

11. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Haha Since I was tired yesterday, I will also add that they should be fed more of an omnivore diet. Considering they are more of a Planktivore then a herbivore.

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid