Best feeding routine

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by PghSteeler, Jul 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

So I have decided to start and mix up feeding. I hate to feed the same pellet every day IMO it is not whats best long term for the fish or coral despite what any manufacturer and lfs salesman tells you. I have not yet decided what feeding regimen I want to start and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
    Stock is 2 Occie clowns, 1 Blue Hippo tang, and 1 Tiger Watchman goby. Corals include 2 seperate lord acan colonies, xenia, jasmine polyp, and ricordea mushrooms. I have been feeding livestock strictly NLS Thera-A with garlic pellets and an occasional garlic infusing Nori sheet as well as dosing some dead phytoplankton. I have purchased Seachems Fuel and some Piscine Energetics Mysis Shrimp.

I was thinking of feeding the corals and tank the mysis 2X a week, feeding the phyto and fuel twice a week, and the NLS the other 3 days along with some nori on 1 day. For example.
    Sun-phyto and fuel
    Mon-NLS THera
    Tues Mysis
    Wed-NLS Thera
    Thus-phyto and fuel
    Fri- NLS Thera
    Sat- Mysis and Nori

Right now the Clowns and Tang have shown interest in the mysis but are still unsure of what to make of it, Im thinking they will eventually get the hint and eat the stuff. Should I soak it in anything? The Acans and Ricordea as well as the CUC LOVED the stuff. Am I feeding the tank too much, not enough, should I add more variety, should I feed NLS on the days I only feed phyto and fuel or should the fish go without 2 days a week?

2. Click Here!

3. PghSteeler

4. PghSteeler

5. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Rod's mix soaked in Garlic and Selcon. It's great for your fish, invert's and your corals. You can get different "mixes" as well. I feed that, mysis, brine, flake, pellets and nori. All my fish love it and my corals look great.

6. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

7. PghSteeler

I do not run a sump. fuge, or skimmer so have to be careful about nutrients entering the tank. I feel like target feeding allows me to feed the corals without dosing the entire tank and getting the extra waste I would if I just mashed everything into 1 cube. I dont mind taking the extra time and forming a routine if its better for the tank