best bang for a buck LEDs,?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Sataly, May 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I wouldn't get one with just blue & white. As noted, you can get full spectrum for around the same price as that blue/white you found.

2. Click Here!

3. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Spaghetti Worm

What is the difference between blue/white and full spectrum? I tend to like the look of a bluer tank.

4. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

full spectrum contains red,green,violet, along with the 2 different whites and the blues. In other words it covers the full "color spectrum" for optimum PAR values and increases color range that will make your coral look good as well as grow nicely. That's my definition of it. someone else might have a better definition than mine.

5. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

^^^^ +1 without getting real technical I believe that covers it. A while back I purchased a used Kessil A350w for a steal because I know the lights are pretty good so I couldn't pass it up. Looking back I still would have purchased it but after a few months use I feel like I'm still missing something and I'm going to be purchasing a "full spectrum" light within the next month or so that will go on my new 20g nano and I will leave the Kessil on my older nano tank. My corals have grown quite a bit with the Kessil through the manual control of the blue and whites and it works great but I just feel like there is a piece missing I guess. I would for sure go with a full spectrum light over the blue/whites imo.

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

full spectrum will still give you a bluer tank if you want, just turn the blues up and the white/full spectrum down.

7. ndtechie05

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

10. ndtechie05

The one on Amazon has a 2 yr warranty. Plus I like dealing with Amazon due to their return policy and Prime.

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

12. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

Thw evergrow ones seem like the best imo.
    . Full spectrum for tge price? Cant beat it.