Best Bait for Bristle Worm Trap???

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Kas, Jul 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I'd have to agree with Ray and Mission and all here in that the worms are a needed and important life form to keep the tanks on a even keel. You will hear and read all kinds of things , I myself have never removed a worm and if they run low of food their populations will drop off . I have never seen one attack a coral or anything else they just come out at night and clean the place up all around and under and through the corals and I think many newer reading repeater types just see that and get panicky and knee jerk and run out like chicken little and the sky falling. All healthy balanced tanks have then and all unhealthy and overly fed tanks have to many..

2. Click Here!

3. muecyl

muecyl Feather Duster

Red light works well for night viewing, it has a less chance off scaring off any worms, worm sense more of the narrower UVs

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Hello Kas,

How ironic, you're asking about taking out Bristle Worms, but your status is Bristle Worm. That is like a form of suicide. lol.. Just thought I'd make light of the situation. ;D

Kas
    Bristle Worm

5. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

every time i feed frozen plankton they start popping they're heads out of the rock so i say frozen plankton for bait. you don't need much as there sense of food is extraordinary and a small amount shouldn't effect your system over night. good luck