Best 6 bulb combo?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Jagerblunt, May 28, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

I have that same fixture. Been using it about 8 months. The reflector is starting to show signs of wear even though I clean it once a month. Maybe I should clean it more often..
    I have two actinics that come on first then an hour later I have two aqua blue special and two blue plus that come on. Everything seems to be happy, even the bit of cyano I've been dealing with LOL. I got mine for 60 bucks though, wholesale :)

2. Click Here!

3. Jagerblunt

Jagerblunt Astrea Snail

So here is a look at the canopy all finished, painted in a semigloss finish to match the stand which was also painted (originally oak), installed the front handle, and installed the 120mm computer cooling fans, wired them up, and soldered it to a 12v DC power pack and then stapled the wires all neat under the light so they can't be seen for the seamless look... All to the keep the lights cool.....8)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't get a chance to shoot a pic of the wiring job, I put the light back in, and forgot to take one, sorry.. But it looked really nice... My bulbs should be here on Tuesday, so I can see the fruits of my labor, and I'm really looking forward to that!

I went with
    3x ATI BluePlus
    2x ATI AquaBlue Special
    1x ATI Fiji Pink
    W/O internal reflectors
    Hope this looks good and can always run 4 if its too much.

4. Jagerblunt

Jagerblunt Astrea Snail

Oh yeah the tank is also filled up and cycling with my 30g long DIY sump/refugium, 15lbs of live rock and 100lbs of base rock!