Berghia

Discussion in 'Salty Underground' started by sjnovakovich, Jun 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

Odered 6 Berghia for my moderately infested JBJ 28 on Thursday for Saturday delivery to my local FedEx ship and print. Painless ordering. Package arrived 11 am Saturday and nudis were in great shape and nice and big. I acclimated them and put them in the tank per instructions. They slowly disappeared and am now waiting for the aiptasia to do the same.

I must say that I wouldn't hesitate to deal with these folks again. Easy to contact and deal with. Good product too!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

No offence, what are you going to do with them after they eat all the aptaisia? They will starve to death wont they? As they have no more food to eat?

I think a better way to have done this would have been to use products like Aptaisia X, or take affect rocks out and bleach them.

4. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

Especially 6 in that small of a tank, I'd have to imagine the aiptasia would vanish pretty quick... followed by the berghia shortly thereafter (as that's all they eat). Do you have a plan for when they "finish"?

5. ivanbosk

ivanbosk Feather Duster

I grabbed a bunch of peppermint shrimp for my aptasia, they did a great job and i brought them to my lfs for credit on some corals...

6. sjnovakovich

Gee Ryan, isn't a 55 a bit small for a bristletooth tang?

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Arguably Yes, But this thread is not on the topic of Tangs ina 55g.

Its directed towards the overstocking of Nudibranches in your jbj 28g. As others have mentioned They will quickly die after wiping out your aptasia. After you have seen them go through your aiptasia you should collect them and take them into a LFS for trade, or see if anyone in your area could use them.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Maybe it is/Maybe it isn't. The fish has ample swimming room and ample food to eat. Your nudibranchs on the other hand are condemned to death after eating all the aptasia.

+ 1 on the idea of a trade afterwards.

Feel free to discuss my stocking choices on my build thread.

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Even in a perfect world nudibranch have very short life spans. Ideally trading them to someone else would be the perfect option and many do this.

There are many hobbyist myself included have experienced a significant increase in the aiptasia population when kalk and or Joes is used. The aiptasia release planulae larvae into the water column at or around the time of death.

I for one appreciate the positive customer feed back and look forward to results.

11. sjnovakovich

BTW, another reefer and I have a plan for the nudis. The purpose of my post was to review Salty Underground for those considering doing business with them. That is why I posted in the sponsor's forum.

12. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

Please do reply back with how they do when they have "finished". Personally, I hated battling aiptasia in my Biocube on a weekly basis. It's the second biggest reason I did all base rock in the 90... whatever random nuisance algae was also growing everywhere was the biggest.