Beginner Coral help (Pic update Page 4)

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by NYGiants, May 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Oh lol, then never mind. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks for the laugh though !! As a side note, I was on another forum last night where someone was COMPLETELY freaking out because he thought he had fleas in his tank !! FLEAS !!! :confused:;D

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I just looked up the bulls eye rhondatactis. Very pretty - deep colors. They almost look like maxi mini anemones. Hope you find one that is very colorful for your first "coral."

It says on your profile that you joined 3reef in 2010? Have you been reading and researching for quite some time?

5. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey Oldfishkeeper,

Yeah I dabbled in a saltwater tank once in the past... ended pretty badly as I was a fool and had a 29 gallon tank and just didn't know enough... pretty sure fish got velvet and tank crashed...Was heartbroken so I gave up the hobby...

This time around I've been doing a lot more research and opted to go for a bigger tank plus a sump so I can keep my water levels on point and make life much much easier... Not to mention better / more equipment (skimmer, ATO, lighting) and I'm sure more to come...

As far as the Bulleye coral, Thanks! Def looking into it some more. Went to a few LFS but nothing really caught my eye so am holding off. I did have a guy send me a pic of this one though... he fragged it up so I'm debating about pulling the trigger on it.

[​IMG]

6. Vizzle1717

Just don't rush or you'll end up in the same boat you were before !!!

Those mushroom look OK. Idk if it is just the picture, but they do not look very "full"

7. NYGiants

Thanks Vizzle, Im def trying to take my time... I know I get eager every now and then but I try and take a step back and appreciate the process...

Any input on this Purple hairy mushroom from bluezoo...

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Vizzle1717

Ohh! Yes, now this one "pops" !!! Most certainly more beautiful than the other mushrooms posted earlier !!

How do you feel about green star polyps??

10. NYGiants

I like them but prefer something other than green... unless its a bright neon green or something... have any links to ones worth checking out? Either GSP or any mushroom (Ric Florida / yuma, Rhodac).. My biggest thing is I want a small colony..

Not just 1 individual frag.. I love the look when theres a few on one particular rock as in the pic above... Esp when they will grow out...

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

What do you think of zoos? I think they are my new favorite. I didn't really understand the attraction until I got some :) They are hardy and colors galore. Just a thought. I have a mushroom like the one you showed, they are pretty.

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They are both beautiful. The Purple hairy variety has grown very fast for me in the past, too fast. Mine readily took pellet, they added a lot of nice color as well.

I started with one individual and ended up with too many inside of about 6 months.