Become a 3reef Supporter!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

There is now a new 3reef membership level available (PayPal only)...

UPDATE - please read this about the reduced price.

3reef Supporter

[​IMG]

Show your support for 3reef by signing up for a yearly subscription (for only [STRIKE]$33[/STRIKE] $24) and immediately enjoy these new features:

• 500 PM Capacity
    • Images in Signatures
    • Customize Your Blog
    • Customize Your User Title
    • Animated Profile Picture and Avatar
    • Larger Avatars
    • Can vote on polls without restriction
    • Double the amount of Album Photos (100)

[STRIKE]Coming Soon: [/STRIKE] Done!
    A Member Only Board with sneak peaks at new 3reef features as well as exclusive discussions on the future of 3reef.

Further down:
    As the site grows, some current features may need to be restricted for free users to save bandwidth. A 3reef Supporter will always have full access.

The skinny:
    It's not really about these bells & whistles, it is about keeping 3reef going. This site has grown quite large in the last couple years and the time and money involved in software upkeep, hardware, licenses, etc.. has grown dramatically.

If you believe in this site and it has been a help to you, please consider becoming a 3reef Supporter today. And thank you in advance, your support is sincerely appreciated.

Sincerely,

matt

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Done!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Count me in too!

2 people like this.
  5. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

This wil be available after Christmas right, I'm trying to save money for Christmas but I definently want to support.

1 person likes this.
  6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

i'll be in after new years for sure

1 person likes this.
  7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

THANK YOU. You guys are great! :eek:

Of course. And thank you for thinking of 3reef!

"Where do I find 'Customize Your User Title?'"

User CP link in top nav, then 'Edit Your Details' link.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

"What is the difference between a 3reefer and a 3reef Supporter?"

A 3reefer was the original donation badge. You can still be a 3reefer by supporting the site in other ways such as buying a 3reef shirt in the 3reef store or if you want to make a smaller (or larger :) ) donation than the cost of becoming a 3reef Supporter. However being a 3reefer will not allow enable you to the special member features of being a 3reef Supporter.

A Word on Signatures

As the administrator, I continue to have issues with images in signatures. Until now, I could not control them. Some are too large, others are distracting and inappropriate. This requires me to manually go into a member's profile and remove the sig. However, there is nothing to insure that the image may not return.

So going forward, the ONLY way to have images in your signature is to raise your membership status to 3reef Supporter. I may budge on this at a later date if vBulletin finally figures out how to restrict images in sigs by dimensions. A feature which presently does not work.

User Agreement and Subscription Cancellations

3reef Supporter Status is subject to the 3reef User Agreement and there are no refunds for User Agreement violations. You can cancel your subscription at anytime within your PayPal account.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

matt

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I'm there dude....And thanks as always.

2 people like this.
  11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks John! I appreciate your continued support. :grinthumbs:

"Matt, how did you come up with $33? This seems expensive."

UPDATE - Please read this about the new price - $24!

I felt that something less than $5 a month would be reasonable and I am obsessed with the number 3 ... $33 is < $3 a month = 3reef. :)

I am sorry this seems expensive, but the fundamentals of the site are still free for all and I have to restate that this site is expensive to run and most months does not make a profit. And until the traffic grows to the point where it is justifiable to charge sponsors a lot of money, I need to look for other revenue streams.

I hope you understand. I am not looking to make a million dollars here (although that would be nice) I am just trying to find consistent revenue streams to cover the growing costs of running this site.

That said, I want to reassure every one that this site is not going to a 'pay per post' model - that is not my end game here. The fundamentals of this site and the information here will always be available to all. That is part of what motivated this whole site back in 1996 and why it remains today.

Sincerely,

matt

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  12. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

Alrighty! Im hooked up...point me to the VIP suite!!;D

2 people like this.