Battery Backup System

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Reef Ghost, Oct 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

As i read this thread, i half expected to see Cornfacereef say "My dad said not to by a backup, but instead use some of all the extra batteries laying around and put them in a box and plug my stuff in"...........

2. Click Here!

3. SeaGirl

SeaGirl Astrea Snail

;DLOL!! That's a good one! I saw this link Battery Backup System earlier in this thread and it got me interested. I'm planning on a small Honda portable generator for power outage emergencies--since I live in a townhouse, people are very noise-sensitive around here--if you fart too loud someone's likely to complain, LOL--so I'd have to get the silent version and not a big noisy generator. This backup system does look interesting in case you're not home and the power goes out, or in the middle of the night when you're asleep. I like that idea. I'd only need it to run my pumps and heaters so something's running before I go running around to hook up my generator. What do you guys think?

4. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I like the extension cord and car/convertor generator idea. lol im taking that route

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

toyota rav4's work wonderfully too! it's was the power of choice(not really) for hurricane charley :lol: