Basement remodel

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Dustin75, Sep 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

My 29 gallon sw seems to have pulled through, water changes, mechanical filtration, charcoal, air stones and gfo. My Cichlid tanks also appear to have turned to the corner lets hope it stays that way. Thank you all for your help.

Matt Rogers likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

dang dude. sorry about the loss...

4. Ramin Aniston

Ramin Aniston Plankton

I think the fish cannot accept the atmosphere as the paint smell and dust are bearable by them. I was having six fishes and at the time of renovation of my house, three of fishes died as they cannot bear the dust,smell and all . Then I shifted the other fishes in new water tank which was clean and dust free. I think you should shift the fishes in some other tank.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  5. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

As for an update. The fish in the 29 gallon survived and are stilling going strong. There were no losses in either of the 2 Cichlid tanks.
    However my 75 gallon and 150 gallon aquriums were a complete loss. Additionally, right after this occurred last year my company decided to close and a total of 1100 people lost their jobs. Needless to say it has been trying at best to get the money and time to start the aquariums back up. But in October I did get the 75 gallon restarted and hopefully I can restart the 150. Currently I'm fighting a battle with bryopsis.

Moral of the story. DON'T expect your contractor to cover your property while they perform work in your house, as described in the their initial description of tasks they will perform.