ballast question...

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Uber, Oct 31, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Uber

Uber Astrea Snail

well im pretty sure they are magnectic ballasts, it says they are copper wound, and if im right, that is magnetic, but i could be wrong, ive searched the product online, and have found very little, apparently it is an older model, but from what i see, it is magnetic, i geuss i can hope its an electronic one..
    btw, you say tar..whats ~tar~ mean?

2. Click Here!

3. adin

adin Plankton

here are the ansi codes ... just in case one of you out there is wonder wth m59 means :p

Metal Halide
    M130 - 35/39 watt MH
    M110 - 50 watt MH (standard and pulse start)
    M85 - 70 watt MH (double-ended and BiPin lamps)
    M98 - 70 watt MH (standard, pulse start, and operates some double - ended and BiPin lamps)
    M139 - 70 watt MH (ceramic metal halide, some double - ended, and some BiPin lamps)
    M90 - 100 watt MH (standard, pulse start, and operates some double - ended lamps)
    M91 - 100 watt MH (double-ended and BiPin lamps)
    M140 - 100 watt MH (ceramic metal halide, some double - ended, and some BiPin lamps)
    M81 - 150 watt MH (double - ended and BiPin lamps)
    M102 - 150 watt MH (standard, pulse start, and operates some double - ended and BiPin lamps)
    M142 - 150 watt MH (ceramic metal halide, some double - ended, and some BiPin lamps)
    M107 - 150 watt MH (energy saving probe start / Replaces 175 watt probe start lamps)
    M137 - 175 watt MH (pulse start and some European lamps*)
    M57 - 175 watt MH (standard probe start and some high pressure sodium lamps*)
    M58 - 250 watt MH (standard probe start and some high pressure sodium lamps*)
    M80 - 250 watt MH (double-ended and some European lamps*)
    M138 - 250 watt MH (pulse start and some European bulbs*)
    M59 - 400 watt MH (standard probe start and some high pressure sodium lamps*)
    M135 - 400 watt MH (pulse start and some European lamps*)
    M128 - 400 watt MH (pulse start lamps)
    M47 - 1000 watt MH (standard probe start and some high pressure sodium lamps*)
    M141 - 1000 watt MH (pulse start, double ended, and operates some European lamps)
    M48 - 1500 watt MH (probe start lamps)
    M133 - 1500 watt MH (pulse start, double-ended and some European lamps)
    M134 - 2000 watt MH (pulse start - double-ended lamps)

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

^^ Wow! Thanks for the info adin and thanks for joining! :)

@Uber - Sorry! I think I am a little rusty here. I think I remember now, there is magnetic (tar as some call them?) and the newer electronic ones like Blueline.

I am going to add this thread to my 'favorites' (link below) so I can refer to this in the future.

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

6. Uber

Uber Astrea Snail

great links, thx...

also thx adin, that helps a lot

i have the m59 and from what i read, am in good shape, numerous bulbs are available to me with the FREE!! 400w babehs!