Bag O' Colts

Discussion in 'Frags' started by missionsix, Feb 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

One of my building suppliers has a 16gal. nano in his office that is very established. He's got colt coral everywhere in there, so, I asked him this morning if he'd sell me some frags. Well, he did. I showed up after work @ 5 to pick them up, he handed me a bag with 13 pieces of CC for 10 bucks and a small piece of mushroom. I wasn't expecting to come home and and get to glueing. I'm happy to report that a few are starting to open up. Talk about a stressfull trip home for them. 35 min. in the bag and 15-20 minutes with the surgeon. I'll keep everyone posted.

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

nice score take some pics

4. missionsix

Colt frags

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] They are just barely starting to open.

5. jimnoland

jimnoland Plankton

I believe that's kenia tree, not colt. I have both, one colt could fill a 16g, kenia trees are small and can repro. by auto fragmentation thats why he had so many. They are cool, fragging them is super easy they stick in one day with no glue for me. Sometimes they go limp for a day or so, they are fine though. If it was colt and you tried to only use glue your post would be full of curse words LOL they are slimy as hell. I'm starting a frag shop in my basement, does anyone have a tip on how to get super glue off your fingers?

Man I just found this site, it rocks!

Thanks,
    Jim Noland
    [email protected]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
    2 people like this.
  6. missionsix

Thanks for the info. I was worried about a couple of the frags cause they are a little limp. And you are right about the slimy stuff. I was very surprised when I pulled them out of the bag cause they felt rigid/firm not slimy.

2 people like this.
  7. argan

argan Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sandpaper works, and you can do your nails at the same time. Use a fine grit and some lotion after. I've glued my fingers together a bunch of times :p Doing model airplanes.

Good score on those frags Missionsix!

8. Click Here!

9. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Cool catch...Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the frags limping...Give them a day or two and they should perk up...

1 person likes this.
  10. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

actually if you soak your fingers in your tank the super glue comes off pretty easy I always make a mess with it. I would rubber band kenya tree or colt frags though.

11. Linda

Linda Feather Duster

Awesome. Congrats.

12. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Acetone, or simply put your wife or girlfriends "Finger nail polish remover" Comes right off and if your careful will take it out of clothes for when you drip it on them by accident.