back at one

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by tinnghe, Feb 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I wouldn't change a thing! :)

2. Click Here!

3. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

how many overflow does a 120g have or should have anything I need to know before iset my mind and go get the tank andall the equipment?

4. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

It depends. I think most just have 1 overflow (probably 1.5") and one return. I guess 2 would be better for redundancy(just in case one gets plugged by snail , etc...)

Are you going to get one drilled?

5. tinnghe

ill get one that is RR and that is y i want to make sure is one or two overflow, i know that the 140 has 2 overflow, and the lfs asking for 500 for the tank.

6. tinnghe

ok this is wat gonna happen, the lfs say that in a few weeks perfecto will have a special on tanks, he will order me a 120 w a single overflow, a 40g breeder sump/fuge, mag 9.5 return pump, someone help me pick a skimmer, solar flare t5, 5 in sand bed, TLF phosban, anything else?

7. IBMGeek

Sounds good too me. Are the overflows internal (drilled)? I recommend buying a good skimmer now and not have to waste money later on. Good skimmer are euroreef,deltec,precision marine,aquac ev series, bubble king,etc.. In no particular order

8. Click Here!

9. tinnghe

yes is it a RR tank,i am looking at some skimmers from octopus and msx but they are too new to make the right judgement, i also looked at some but i havent decided on which one i might start a new thread with skimmer on it.

10. IBMGeek

Yeah start a new thread on skimmers.