Back and going big *new additions pics*

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Siddique, Nov 10, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

New addition. He's already eating and grazing on algae. image.jpg

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

love the sailfins!

zesty and Siddique like this.
  4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Some more new stuff. Had no plans on getting sps coral but I couldn't help it.

Square spot anthias. He's interested in mysis shrimp but I ran out. Have to go get more tomorrow.

image.jpg

Green monti cap
    image.jpg

I finally have a bird's nest coral
    image.jpg

Green avleapora
    image.jpg

Mandarin. He's doing quite well.
    image.jpg

Got a pair of the firefish. They looked awesome. Then a *expletive* mantis shrimp that came in with some rock grabbed one of them and took it into its *expletive* hole. Still trying to get the mantis shrimp out. Any ideas?
    image.jpg

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Boy nice looking fish and corals. Anthias are my second favorite fish after Damsels.

So how easy is it to purchase corals in your neck of the woods?

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Looking great! Fire fish are so under rated. If you really look at them they are so beautiful with amazing color. I love my purple firefish. As far as the mantis goes, I actually removed the entire rock he was into and just replaced it. I tried traps but it never worked.

Corailline likes this.
  7. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Love the sail fin. Im going big just so I can have tangs. The antheas are very nice also. I may have to add them to my stock list when i get ready for water.

8. Click Here!

9. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I'm an Anthias fan as well. In my string of 2015 plans for my tank a small school of Fatheads will be added in a couple months.

DSC reef likes this.
  10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Thanks. I really like anthias' but the better isn't too fond of them. She will get there soon though.
    As far as importing goes, I can get softies easily but a special lisence is required for sps and LPS corals.
    As of now, there is just one guy that's importing as has subsequently monopolized the market so I have to shop at his place. The prices are ridiculous but I have no other choice. Within this year I hope to begin importing my own corals and fishes.

I love the purple firefish. As soon as I can't get some I will certainly add them. I'm gettin the cover for the tank today so then I would feel more comfortable adding them.
    I think I will have to remove the whole rock and shake him out. I like that rock because it has loads of zoanthids on it.

I really like sailfins as well. I plan on adding about 7 yellow tangs so hopefully that won't be an issue.

A school of them would be awesome.

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

great new additions! love the coloring on the anthias

Siddique likes this.
  12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I was a bit worried about the anthias since it had been in a bag for around 25 hours then dripped to another system and then dripped to my system. Seems like a lot of stress to go through but he's eating mysis shrimp like a pig.