Baby leather - Dying or Stressed?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Lilou, Nov 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lilou

Lilou Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. Lilou

Lilou Astrea Snail

He doing worse I think and don't know what else could be wrong. All the parameters I can test seem fine enough. Here's a new picture of him

Attached Files:

4. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

My leather seems to molt every 3-4 months. It has never really softened to where it started losing its shape, but it did have some spotty patches on it. One time only part of the leather molted. This is the only thing I can think of. Have you tried feeding it with any phytoplankton or coral food.

Oh by the way one time my leather stayed closed up for almost two weeks during a molt and then opened up even pretty than before.
    Good luck

5. Lilou

Lilou Astrea Snail

I have phytoplankton I put in there. Can he still eat when he is closed up?

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

No they don't eat when their polyps are closed. have you checked your iodine? Please let us know the numbers of your parameters exactly. temp, sg, ca, mg, pH, nitrates, ammonia, iodine. It helps to figure out what is wrong........... don 't feed any phyto until you know what's wrong. If I'm correct Phyto has iodine in it?(anyone) How often, how much and what are you feeding your tank? Your lights, while not very bright for much, are sufficiant for a toadstool, and they will freak out when the bulbs get old, or when you change to new ones, but your t.s. is looking more than shocked. have you tried taking a soft toothbrush and taking some of the top off, or does it just fall off? what suppliment do you add to your tank, how much, how often.