Baby Elegance Coral.

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Stingray, Mar 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

I have now had a elegance coral in my tank doing well now, for 4 days, it was the best looking one at the lfs but also the smallest, the hard shell is around 2 and half to 3" wide, the fleshy bit is a lovely green tan colour with purple tips, indonesian from what i have read about its look, my question is i have heard that the oral disc's should be open which they are, but the tentacles should not be short and stubby like they are right now but long and flowing, given the size of the elegance, fairly young i was just wondering are they likely to be short and stubby due to being a baby?

Thanks in advance...

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Once it gets used to the tank it will be fine. The only time I noticed mine looking like it was not extended was when I needed to change out carbon or had a water chemistry problem. Do you run Carbon???

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Stingray

Thanks for the reply otty, yes m8 i run carbon 24/7,
    I have been trying to find the perfect location fro the little fellow, low flow not to much light etc, in a 3 and half ft 55 thats a bit of a pain but i rearranged the rockwork for him, fingers crossed...

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You don't want it to be blasted with flow but it will need good water movement. Plus you want it in a high light area. I would just place it right out in the sand instead of trying to shade it.

6. Stingray

Sorry just realised i posted this in the wrong section, was meant to be coral health.

Here are some pics, what do you think of where i have it positioned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I would bring it right out in the open for full light.

Looks like a very nice piece.

8. Click Here!

9. Stingray

Originally i did have it out in the open in full light in the corner, but to me after a day it looked like one of the oral disc were swelling slightly to the point where i could see stuff under it like straight threw it, hard to explain, so don't know what to do know.

10. Stingray

Although saying that the disc was resting up that glass ith all the brown algae on it, could that of caused it?