Baby clown

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by starfish2217, Aug 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

if you want him to host something different try taping a picture of a clownfish hosting whatever you want it to host, should work. im pretty sure a black clown with a per would be sweet haha i might get an orange perc. oh btw i changed my rock and it looks kinda cool now haha. and my lfs has all these mini frags of coral that are like 5-10$ with the acception of an acan. so im gonna buy my 1 head of torch, get the clown to host then spend like crazy haha

@ the dude with the algae problems: try emerald crabs. and if you can avoid tap water. i use premade. and i shake it up right before i change. also while killing my favorite lil aiptasia (he was spreading too much lol) and using the tank water i boiled i sprayed the algae and the next day it was gone lol probably just chance but thought i'd let you know. if you have any other question try the algae bored.

edit: yeah that was my tank lol (with the algae)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

lol I never have algae I had red slime once... but I have tried like three times to have an emerald crab :( all three have died... it sucked. I think they just starve.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

maybe they were just playing dead? mine did for about 30 mins then he went crazy lol got any hermits? wait nvm you have a nice tank lol umm if you want a crab why not acro crabs? and you could put nori clips near or on rocks if you wanted to keep one

or would would benefit your clown would be a decent size nem with a nem crab lol

5. starfish2217

I have a nem crab just got him hehehehe he is sooooo cute :D I dunno if they were playing dead....but its okay. I had a sally lightfoot too haha

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i guess you really like your inverts? haha i was gonna bring some variation of sallies home from my friends beach house in the OBX once but turns out non reef safe...pretty much like everything else i would wanna bring home haha do you have a nem for your cute lil nem crab? ;D

7. starfish2217

haha you know what! I do lol.. they are cute... and interest me... lol I know everything is no reef safe :( lol. I dont have a nem but! I have a huge bubble and a torch. he also seems to like the favia brain coral. he is doing awesome :D

8. Click Here!

9. clownfishlover

clownfishlover Plankton

i just got a baby clownfish too (picasso) and he's doing the same thing. he's getting more comfortable now and starting to explore the rest of the tank. He gave me a heart attack this morning; he was swimming in place in the corner of the tank! I was so worried he died!

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i would do anything for a blue carpet nem lol we should make a club of baby clown onwers haha
    @ clwnfish lover... post some pics :) :) :) what size tank? are there any other inhabitants? hes doing that because hes acclimating, just needs to get used to the tank

11. starfish2217

haha yes my guy hasn't grown any! I swearrrrr he still swims up at the top of the tank every night lol its so cute... he is so tiny.. he is in my 14 gal :D and there are pics of him on this thread including my icon pic or whatever thats him hehe

12. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

about the pics, tank size and the other stuff i was talking to the other guy who has a baby piccaso clown LOL. now that i look back it seems mines grown a bit so thats good :)