B&W perc clown eating dunkan

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by BrianJ, Jan 6, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BrianJ

BrianJ Peppermint Shrimp

I've noticed for a while now my clown keeps nipping/eating my dunkan. Anything I can do to stop this besides feeding more. Its such a tiny tank I hate over feeding. It still looks healthy but she is tearing it up!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They do this to corals that they might consider as a host I believe, as a why to build up the protective mucous coating. My clown has looked like she my reside in my duncan but has never taken the dive, she has been doing it for years. Although not to the point of damaging the coral. Try moving the coral.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, it may be as simple as moving it. My clowns were residing in my bubble coral a while back and I just moved it and they've left it along since.

5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

+1,one of my clowns began using my duncans as a host and it seemed to do little harm other than causing them to not open as large.I moved the duncans to another spot and replaced them with a cespitularia which she now uses regularly while still nestling into the duncans from time to time.

6. BrianJ

BrianJ Peppermint Shrimp

Alright will do, I would get them a new but I have already had two with terrible luck.