awsome pink corals

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by hottielover14, Aug 9, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I would feed it once in a while. Raw shrimp, frozen food and evn flake will be excepted by plates. It with either return, or die, only god could tell you that. They usually seem to come back though ;)

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Hey Gresham,

Did you ever have to weigh one down?  The last one I had used to puff up like a balloon and float around the tank. :)  I ended up having to build a little fence out of rock around it to stop it from moving LOL

John

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Mine have never travelled to far, but some have puffed up double they're skeleton. Stupid question: did it ever leave the ground? Now can I get a stupid answer ;) please

5. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

what are u talking about your plate inflated. the pink one up there is about 3" wide. so they don't move that far. how big do they get. If a coral or clam fades will the color usually come back or not. Generally speaking....

6. hottielover14

would my 260 watt PC be bright enough to keep the pink for now until i get my MH.

7. hottielover14

also, gresham you said earlier in this thread that i should put rubble under him but if he travels along my sandbed do i have to put it along the whole sandbed.

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

never mind anyway it's at like $25 so far and it still has 3 days left. theres like $35 shipping too. i can't get it now. I'm trying to buy some cheaper corals and save up for a MH. I might just get the brain coral i posted in another thread. thanks for your guys help.

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Gresham link=board=Coral;num=1092090060;start=0#12 date=08/11/04 at 00:36:52] Stupid question: did it ever leave the ground?  Now can I get a stupid answer ;) please[/quote]

Well, mine moved about 2 foot over a day, I kept putting it back, but it kept puffing up to twice+ it's size and ( I imagine ) floated back again. Now there was not a huge amount of water movement down the bottom of the tank, and it aint got legs, so I suppose that it floated :)

John